MakLoc Buildings is accepting resumes for experienced Crew Chiefs, Iron Worker Metal Building Systems Erectors, Cladder, Sheeters to start IMMEDIATELY
MakLoc Buildings is a busy metal building manufacturer and erector located in Nisku, AB. We are hiring construction labourers with experience using tools. Must be reliable, hardworking and have a willingness to learn. Some out of town travel may be required. We have great benefits and an RRSP program.
Responsible for laying out and erecting structural steel and sheet metal in order to build metal structures. Primary responsibilities are to build and install iron or steel girders, columns, and other construction materials to form buildings and other structures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rigging and hoisting components into position with crawler or hydraulic cranes
- Working from mobile elevated work platforms ( boom lifts or scissor lifts)
- Working on the structure itself at heights
- Hoisting steel, attach cables and/or slings to each piece using levels, transits and laser equipment
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings
- Following all safety requirements of both the company and the project site
- Reporting any unsafe working conditions
- Competitive wages (based on experience)
- Employee group benefits plan, including health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance
- A safe, positive work environment where you can feel comfortable going to work
- Key projects where you can contribute to building something important
- Strong mechanical skills needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Work safely within the protocols of OH&S and MakLoc’s safety culture
- Comfortable working with heights up to 40 feet
- Must be willing to work in and around the Edmonton area and out-of-town when required
- MUST have construction experience
- MUST be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
THIS IS NOT A WELDING POSITION.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. MakLoc cannot confirm if applications have been received, therefore does not accept recruitment calls. NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES.
Please submit your resume via the contact form below.