Welders, Fitters, AFTERNOON/EVENING SHIFTS – needed in Nisku, AB!
Reporting to the Weld Shop Supervisor the welder must be able to perform the duties of welding carbon steel to meet CWB requirements, as it pertains to the project.
Specific Duties, but not limited to:
- Ensure that goods and services are produced efficiently
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts
- Maintain a clean and safe plant
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Actively involved in maintaining Makloc’s QA/QC policies and procedures
- Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality
- Maintaining equipment
- Ensuring health and safety guidelines are followed
- Preference given to first second and third year apprentices
- CWB certified
- FCAW/MCAW certified
- Structural experience an asset
- MUST be able to pass a pre-employment test
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. MakLoc cannot confirm if applications have been received, therefore does not accept recruitment calls. Please use the contact form below to apply. NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES.