We are currently recruiting for an experienced Labourer to support our projects team.
Labourer duties included, but not limited to:
- Performing final cleaning duties on completed buildings, and applying touch-up paint and caulking as needed
- Installing grating and fastening it to skids and stairs
- General cleaning of office, shop, yard, parking lots, and ditches etc.
- Mowing grass and removing weeds in ditches as needed, as well as watering trees and other miscellaneous seasonal landscaping tasks
- Snow shoveling/removal from sidewalks, doorways, around the plant, and office as needed
Labourers work from both verbal instructions and printed deficiency lists. A 40 hour work week is standard, but overtime may be required to meet deadlines. Labourers will be working in a manufacturing shop setting, as well as outdoors. Considerable bending, reaching, and lifting will be required. Safely working from ladders and/or lifts may also be required.
- Solid work ethic and a willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail and ability to take direction, work with a team, and occasionally work alone. Reporting to supervisor once tasks/jobs are completed.
- Must be able to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be in good physical condition as the job requires strength, stamina and the use of proper lifting techniques. Required to handle heavy tools and parts weight up to 25 kilograms (kg)
- A mechanical aptitude
- Eye-hand coordination, spatial and form perception, good eyesight and manual dexterity
- The ability to visualize a finished product from a drawing
- The ability to stand for long periods, heavy lifting and carrying in a noisy work environment (shop environment and outdoors in yard)
- Must display patience, dependability and accuracy
- Comfortable working with a variety of hand and power tools (ie: paint brushes, saws, grinders, drills, etc)
MUST be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
To apply, please fill out the form below: