At MakLoc Buildings and Construction we believe one of the most valuable parts of personal protective equipment is eye protection. Due to the nature of our business we are constantly exposed to potential hazards that contribute to eye injuries. Some common workplace eye injuries within the construction, manufacturing and industrial settings can include the following:
- Corneal Abrasions-getting poked in the eye or rubbing the eye when a foreign body is present
- Penetrating Objects-foreign objects are embedded into the eye, common are metal foreign bodies that can cause rust rings
- Chemical Burns-caused by acidic or alkaline products, this includes cleaning products, lubricants, oils, fuels etc.
- Bruising of the Eye-this is due to being struck to the eye by something strong enough to cause bruising or swelling
- Traumatic Iritis-similar to bruising this is inflammation of the iris caused by a poke or blow to the eye
- Orbital Blowout Fractures-bleeding in the anterior eye and breaks to facial bones
We believe the key to reducing eye injuries is prevention and proper planning through risk and hazard assessment controls. MakLoc commits to strive towards a zero eye injury work environment for all our internal and external stakeholders.